Monday, September 8, 2008

Honeymoon in Mexico!



After much debate, careful research, and a whole lotta prayer - we were finally able to take our honeymoon! We decided on the Valentin Imperial Maya Resort in the Riviera Maya, which was an adult only, all-inclusive PARADISE! Getting to spend 4 days together really allowed us to reconnect and focus on just loving each other! We were also able to dodge(due to a whole lotta prayer from family and friends) Tropical storm Gustav and really soaked in the sun and beautiful weather. Careful note to anyone vacationing to Mexico soon - bring extra sunscreen! We were forced to buy the cheapest bottle available for $25 bones after my spray on sunblock decided to just quit working! Also - I was able to brush up on my rather poor Spanish with the help of a very friendly bartender, Franqui! I remembered more than I thought and think I even impressed my husband a little :) Also - a HUGE thank you to Ted's Grammie and Mum who financially made this honeymoon possible!

No comments: